Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: While Driving Yourself

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    While Driving Yourself

    Has anyone ever been on the road before. You got a lot of things going on and then bam you realize where you are?
    I had this happen to me a couple times.
    Left a job site with a few things going on drove probably almost 100 miles.
    Didn't break any laws and was a good driver.
    Then suddenly it hit me how far i had actually traveled.
    I think sometimes our mind can really overtake our thoughts and fuctions.
    Didn't think much about it till yesterday.
    I was to be at a meeting in Marion after being in Lebanon. I drove to the meeting and never even remembered half the places i drove through.
    When i arrived at the meeting one guy said you made good time. I said yeah and half of it i had something else on my mind. I knew i was on the road.
    But honestly till i pulled in here, all i was thinking about was what me and a contractor, had discussed and why something wasn't working.
    Just wondered if anyone else has had it happen.
    I hear it's fairly common. But man it seems weird.
    I've had it happen once or twice. I guess lost in deep thougth in some fathom and still in another in reality of the moment.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: While Driving Yourself

    I am bad for doing that Myself in fact twice in the past year I have caught myself driveing to a Job I have not worked in about 5 years

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: While Driving Yourself

    yep, one time I was coming back from abingdon and was focused on something else. I didnt realize what I had done until I got to lebanon, but my intentions were to head back home to norton.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: While Driving Yourself

    Been there and done that myself. Makes you wonder if you have run anybody out of the road or something yourself.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: While Driving Yourself

    I been there a time or two myself. Sometimes I get to thinking about something that I can't even remembet going through towns. I'm like did I just go through this town or that town.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: While Driving Yourself

    Yep I was riding home from a scrimmage one night and I swear that I got the seriel number from the guardrail that this certain poster here almost hit...Not mentioning any names GCQuincy
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: While Driving Yourself

    I've only done that once.
    I didn't get too far before I realized it. Just missed the Abingdon exit 17... went on down to exit 14.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •